FREE CHATT
FREE CHATT

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Alex Pettyfer: I Gained 27 Pounds for Magic Mike

Alex Pettyfer: I Gained 27 Pounds for Magic Mike

Alex Pettyfer worked challenging to get his physique in form for Magic Mike. Too tricky.

In the August situation of Men's Overall health UK, the 22-year-old actor reveals he went overboard soon after being asked to " put on a bit of excess weight " for his function as a newbie stripper. "I commenced off at 169 lbs. and went up to 196 lbs. They told me I was also big, so in the finish I had to take it back down to 185 lbs."

Sticking to a diet regime and exercising routine was not easy, Pettyfer recalls. "It was tough, particularly at the start off, and I nevertheless keep in mind not wanting to be in the health club. Which is why I never want to train at the minute."

VIDEO: Alex Pettyfer demonstrates off his attractive body

Alternatively, the British actor -- who is at this time engaged to Elvis Presley's granddaughter, Riley Keough, 23 -- is targeted on furthering his film career. " I am quite ambitious. I live in reality but I have dreams I want to fulfill. I want to be a director, and I've currently started my own production corporation. But I also have a measure of success that I retain to myself. It truly is anything extremely personalized to me."

Calling his father " a single of my biggest heroes," Pettyfer hopes to have a profession similar to Paul Newman's. "I know a lot of folks say that, but I love that he's a good part model and a humanitarian. I admire people today who never necessarily want to alter the planet, but attempt to make it a greater environment."